Monday, September 18, 2017

Imagine...Review

IMAGINE... The Great Flood
Imagine. . .The Great Flood by Matt Koceich is an early, easy to read chapter book published by Barbour Publishing. There are 15 short chapters written in an easy to read font for ages 8-12. An older child could read this book in a short time while a younger child would enjoy listening to this book read out loud. It is entertaining and imaginative with glimpses of the past mixed with the present.

The book begins with Corey complaining to his mother about having to move to Florida. As a young 10 year old, he doesn't want to leave all his friends and the places that he knows so well. On a short walk with his dog, Corey falls, bumps his head, and is transported to the past--to the time of Noah, just before the flood. He is quickly plummeted into the drama of this time period.

Corey meets Noah and his sons. He helps them gather the animals and faces the dreaded giants, called Nephilim, living in that time. Corey has to make quick decisions. Will he trust the cloaked Elizar, who uses dark magic, or will he turn to Jesus in his time of desperation?

At the end of the book, Corey wakes up from his strange dream and knows that he needs to trust Jesus with the fact that he is moving. Three months after his strange experience, "Corey finally understood how much God loved him." And he was able to thank the Lord for these lessons.

Join Corey as he experiences this epic storm that is brewing and as he learns to trust Jesus with his whole heart, not just when it is convenient.

This book is called Imagine... because really we want to imagine what life was like on the earth during this time just before the flood. This title especially brings the Bible to life in a rich and imaginative way. My son and I read this title together. I read much of it out loud, but he finished it on his own. He just couldn't wait for the ending.

I know I can't picture what the world was like before the flood, but this helps to bring the truth to light. There are also some parts of the story that feature super-human strength creatures, making this book fall into the fantasy category.

From my 12 year old son: "I loved this book. My favorite part was when Corey was rescued out of the hole. I would highly recommend this book to my friends. It is an easy to read book, but sometimes there were big words and names that made it hard to pronounce. But overall, I enjoyed reading this because it wasn't very long. I hope this author writes more of these types of books."

Since this book was so well received in our home, I would definitely recommend it to others. 

Curious what other reviewers had to say about this product? Head on over to the Homeschool Review Crew blog to read all the reviews.

Crew Disclaimer

Connect with me here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm always interested in hearing what you think! Share your thoughts here: