Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Homeschool Diploma Cap, Gown, and Tassel Review


I am so excited to be sharing this review with you today! This day has finally arrived for me and it's kind of bittersweet. I mean it isn't every year that you get to say that you have successfully graduated a senior from your homeschool. We have homeschooled our children since this one was in kindergarten. So, yes, all you mamas who think you can't homeschool through high school, YOU CAN! If I can do it, you can do it, too! Another reason I am excited to share this review with you is because we received this really awesome Cap, Gown, and Tassel to commemorate her high school graduation. My review will focus on the cap, gown, and tassel set that we received. Two years ago, I received the Standard Diploma from Homeschool Diploma and I was super impressed with the quality, and the fact that I can give my daughter an official diploma!
Since this review is focusing on the cap, gown, and tassel, let me talk about each item individually. First off the gown. Like all graduation gowns, you order based on the height of your student. It is very roomy, so the only thing that matters is that you order the correct size based on height. This ensures that the gown hits each student where it is supposed to hit and not be awkwardly long or way too short. The material for the gown is extremely nice. We chose a matte black and I am pleased with the quality of the material including the zipper.
The cap, like all graduation caps, has a square, sturdy square top with an elasticated band/cap to go on the head. The instructions that came with the cap tell you which is the front of the cap and which is the back. I know not all high school students can decorate their cap, but I allowed my daughter to let her personality shine by giving her the freedom to decorate it as she pleased. She also chose the tassel. We don't have official colors for our homeschool so she went with her favorites that also happened to match the homeschool volleyball team that she played on this year. Not surprisingly, she chose the tassel numbers to have some bling to them as well.
We have opted out of our large homeschool graduation ceremony. This was my daughter's choice. She decided that she would rather just have an open house on the island at her grandparent's house. She already has that mostly planned and the invitations are ordered! All in all the senior year for any student is an exciting time. I'm thankful that we can commemorate it with such wonderful and quality products. My daughter has been waiting for this for quite some time. She finished all of her assigned work in December when she turned 18. I'm proud of her hard work and attention to details. She has so much potential, and I can't wait to see how God directs her steps. She is currently walking in her calling as she leads the worship team at our church.
Do you have a younger student? You can order an 8th Grade Diploma or a kindergarten Cap, Gown, Tassel, and Diploma to commemorate either of those events too.

Curious what other reviewers had to say about this product? Head on over to the Homeschool Review Crew blog to read all the reviews.

Crew Disclaimer

Connect with me here:

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! I love the personalisation of the cap that's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

I'm always interested in hearing what you think! Share your thoughts here: