Tuesday, March 6, 2018

CursiveLogic Review

I am excited to be reviewing these products for CursiveLogic. For this review, we received the following: CursiveLogic Quick-Start Pack and The Art of Cursive. I originally planned to have my 12 year old son work through this, but when it arrived my 14 year old decided that she really wanted to improve her cursive handwriting. Not one to argue with common sense and a true desire to learn, I handed her the workbook.
The Quick-Start Pack includes a spiral bound cursive writing workbook. All of the instructions are contained in the workbook. I was also given access for one year to a webinar, which teaches the methodology and reasoning behind CursiveLogic and how to use the program. The spiral binding is across the top of the book so that students don't have to balance their arm over the spiral awkwardly while trying to write. The paper is thick so that when she used a marker for some parts of the lessons it didn't bleed through. The pages are double sided. The student works through the book first going one direction. When they complete all of the front sides of the workbook, they flip the book over and work through the back sides of the pages.
My 14 year old had previously had some cursive writing instruction, but she never used it. I don't think she quite made the connection between cursive and print. I also didn't require cursive writing. Like they always say, if you don't use it, you will lose it. This was the perfect time for her to work back through cursive. She was willing. I walked her through the information that was in the webinar. Now if you have an older child, they could watch the webinar with you very easily and follow along in their book. I simply re-taught the material to my daughter. I felt like it was a little bit faster this way. Once she and I worked through several pages together, she has pretty much completed the lessons on her own. I keep checking her work. We are both pleased with her progress. I have also noticed an improvement in her printing as well.
The Art of Cursive coloring book is an equally beautiful book. I kept this one for myself. This coloring book is not for teaching students how to write in cursive. It offers a very quick review of the different letter styles to practice and then moves into beautiful coloring images with quotes. The images to be colored are made from cursive letters and strokes. Each picture includes a quote to be traced and copied. I have enjoyed being able to work through this coloring book that is part work book. It is fun and easy to practice my cursive. I have never been pleased with my handwriting, so I have really taken this chance to practice. Sometimes coloring becomes a way to relax during the day.

Readers can save 20% on the CursiveLogic Quick-Start Pack by using the discount code: CREW2018 on the CursiveLogic website.

Curious what other reviewers had to say about this product? Head on over to the Homeschool Review Crew Blog to read all the reviews.

Crew Disclaimer

Connect with me here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm always interested in hearing what you think! Share your thoughts here: