Thursday, January 1, 2015

A word for 2015

Inspire

I'm choosing this word as my goal for this year. Since I am a creative person, this word seems most appropriate for me. 

Inspire in a simple definition means to influence. Here are some reasons why I have chosen this word for this year:



  • I hope to INSPIRE my children in their daily walk with God. This is and should be the #1 goal in my home. Sometimes we forget and sadly things don't turn out as well as we had hoped. Each child received a new devotion book for Christmas. It thrills this mommy's heart to see them working diligently on reading their Bible and developing a relationship with Jesus. I pray they will be inspired this year to continue seeking Christ.



  • I hope to INSPIRE the students that I teach to do their best. I student taught under a teacher who said this everyday to her first grade students: "Good. Better. Best. Never let it rest, until your good is better, and your better is the best." That's what I want for all of my students. I want to inspire them to make their best even better.



  • I hope to INSPIRE creativity in my home-school. Sometimes in the day to day tasks we often find ourselves so focused on finishing that day's assignments that we forget to do the fun stuff. I want to enjoy the journey of homeschooling. To me that means making time for field trips, taking time to create fun projects together, and making meaningful memories. This is often difficult for me because making fun projects usually means making a mess, (and who really loves to clean up those messes) but in reality those messes are learning experiences too. This is something that I need to remember. Creativity is often messy, but hopefully through these hands-on learning experiences they will be inspired to learn even more and will gradually begin to take charge of their own education.



  • I hope to INSPIRE my family to love others regardless of the circumstance. It's often difficult to love someone who doesn't treat you with kindness or respect. We all know those kind of people who are just plain difficult to like, let alone show them Christ's love. I need to teach my children just that. Even though some people do not appear love-able, Jesus still loves them and He died for them too. If my family can reach out and show Christ's love to others, then maybe, just maybe, others will be inspired to do the same.

How about you? What word will you choose for this year?
Linking up to Tots and Me blog and Schoolhouse Review Crew

Follow me on bloglovin'

1 comment:

  1. I love that quote. It's a good one to hang onto for sure. Thanks for sharing your word for the year with us. It sounds very suited for you.

    ReplyDelete

I'm always interested in hearing what you think! Share your thoughts here: